Saturday, July 23, 2011

Never gonna give you up.


(above: today's lunch)

Day 4ish... All is well! Grains are def. more difficult for me to give up than dairy. I love cheese and all, but I'm what you might call a "cheese snob". I only eat really good cheese (which is pricey), so my indulgences are few and far between. Grains are everywhere, but I love a good challenge so BRING IT! A friend of mine, Lynn Fish, (<--- check her out) is a wonderful encouragement to me. She lightly suggested I check out the Paleo eating style. It has given me lots of insight as to how our body processes different crap we shove in our faces and, for the most part, I could see myself adapting this "natural eating" lifestyle. I will NOT, however, give up my beloved legumes. I LOVE beans. They are good for me. They are from the earth. I am not a huge meat eater, so they are my major form of protein besides eggs.
I'm really enjoying taking care of myself. Health and Nutrition was ALMOST my major until I realized I would have to take more math classes as a result. No joke.
So... so far, so good. I'm still not consuming a large variety of foods, but I am looking forward to trying a couple new recipes a week that incorporate my local farmers market. Stay tuned.

No comments: