Wednesday, January 6, 2010

United "States of Laura"

I'm only gonna back it up so far... guaranteed I will get "happenings" waaay out of order if I try to pull memories farther than say... oh... the holiday season. 40 is right around the corner, and you know what "they" say about short term memory... "They" suck. (and I'm really not very close to 40)

I digress... (strong personality trait of mine, not to be confused with "blonde")

I think once I get back on track again with my blogging schedule, not like I ever had one, there will be themes, or subjects, if you will, to my online story-telling.
Please bear with my rambling. It's good to get to know the author. Creates a connection. A bond.

Christmas was nice. I'm not going to give it much more than that. I get really (really) hyped up for the holiday, but when it gets here, I'm usually not all that impressed. This years theme was Legos and DS's. Tall orders, but we made it happen. We also made THIS happen:

















Happy Birthday, Jesus.

Speaking of Jesus... (terrible segway, my apologies)
Our church, Genesis, HAS A HOME!
I know a church is not a building, don't get me wrong, but SHOOT it's been a long, Exodus-like, 10 years!
From cafeteria to cafeteria to THIS:
















Our first service in our new-but-really-old building was last week. It was so great. If I can get my hands on the video (that really explains this super-cool transition and also made me cry...) I will be sure to post it! If you happen to stumble across my blog, don't already go to Genesis, and live in the area... STOP BY! (and PLEASE, track me down if this happens! I would be SO excited!)

Okay, so more about me. Come on, it's my blog, and I don't get to talk about myself much. Don't ask my husband, he would disagree...

I got my hairs cut a bit, and threw in a little more blonde. (why not?)
















Apparently I feel the need to take pictures of myself while wearing my dirty gray zip-up... or, I just wear it so much that it's no shock it's in most pictures of me. Irrelevant.
This slight hairstyle change makes me feel a little more sassy than the dishwater-blond-non-layered me.


























Okay, okay... perhaps it was the contents of the Solo cup.
Back off. It was New Years Eve... and the children were ASLEEP! Gosh.

New Year, new me? Nah. I'm pretty cool with me...
ALTHOUGH... I do plan on continuing my quest to be a healthier ME all around -

Financially:














Take that picture literally. Cash. In envelopes. God give me strength.

Physically:














See her? Down there? I'm very uncomfortable about our relationship. I want to hate her so badly, yet I come back for more. The girl knows her sh...shhh-tuff! But, you WILL cry. And yell obscenities...
BUT LOOK AT HER ARMS?!?!? Ok... I'm done.



















Mentally:

Eh.
I don't want to overload myself.
Besides... what kind of stay-at-home mom would I be if I had it ALL together?
People would just want to punch me.
(Don't pretend like you don't know what kind of blogger I'm talking about...)

Okay, that wasn't nice.

Happy Twenty Ten. That's how I'm going to say it.

No comments: