Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's so much more than that...


One of my favorite authors on Christian family "issues" is Clay Clarkson.
In this article I just finished, I actually said, "YES!" outloud.
Mr. Clarkson had this to say regarding a "purpose" of educating at home:


Home Education is the natural outgrowth of home discipleship. Your goal is not just an educated child, good SATs and college, or even a career and a good salary. Those may be fruits of your efforts, but your overriding goal should be to raise spiritually mature children who have both the will and the skill to learn, and the desire to keep learning. Your goal in home education, is to raise a well-rounded, spiritually-grounded, truth-founded Christian whose goal in life is to make a difference for the kingdom of God, whatever life path he or she chooses.


CAN I GET AN AMEN?

1 comment:

Mark said...

You realize I'm going to send anybody who questions our decision to homeschool, to this post.